Sunday, February 22, 2026

February 24th-27th, 2026

8th grade English

Tuesday, February 24th (A)-
❤️ Contest winners are posted on the whiteboard.
ALL Poetry: assignments, poems, and binders are DUE THIS FRIDAY at 3:10 p.m. After that, you will not earn credit.
DUE TODAY
: Complex Sentence Notes and EdPuzzle 
  1. TURN IN Pink Progress Sheet - Last Day to get points for PINK progress sheet is THIS Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  2. Pick up a GREEN progress sheet for the second half of quarter 3.
  3. Simple/Compound Sentence Review LINK HOUR 4: Practice LINK
  4. Hour 1: Watch this video for help BEFORE you start 1B and 1C! LINK
  5. HOURS 2 and 4: Complete EdPuzzle - DUE TODAY BEFORE you start 1B and 1C! 
  6. Work on Complex Sentences 1B and 1C DUE NEXT CLASS PERIOD 📝  *Remember you must mark the subjects, verbs, and helping verbs in addition to underlining.
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
    • I can write complex sentences.
  7. Complete IXL Week 2 - due tomorrow!
  8. Read/AR Test 📕


Thursday, February 26th (A)-

💡 ALL Poetry: assignments, poems, and binders are DUE THIS FRIDAY at 3:10 p.m. After that, you will not earn credit.

Would you rather explore deep, uncharted space or the deepest parts of the ocean?
  1. Read/AR Test 📕
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Complex Notes Review LINK *USE THEM and add formulas to your notes: 
    • ID and D, I 📝 
  3. Correct Complex Sentences 1B and 1C 🖍️ 
  4. Jeopardy Game-LINK *play in groups of 3 or 4 💻 
  5. Complete the sentence two-pager assignment - DUE on MONDAY! *You need markers, crayons, or colored pencils for the extra credit.  📝  🖍️ 
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
    • I can write complex sentences.
  6. FINISH your Poems and Poetry Binder DUE TOMORROW by 3:10 p.m.!!!
  7. Complete IXL Week 3 DUE next-Wednesday at 3:10 p.m.
  8. GREEN progress sheet due next week!



6th grade English

Tuesday, February 24th (A) and Wednesday, February 25th (B)-

❤️ Contest winners are posted on the whiteboard.

DUE TODAY: Ch. 14 & 15 EdPuzzles
  1. TURN IN Pink Progress Sheet - Last Day to get points for PINK progress sheet is THIS Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  2. Pick up a GREEN progress sheet for the second half of quarter 3.
  3. Listen to Ch. 16 of TSB (9 min) and start the study guide (salmon colored sheet)
  4. Quizlet Review LINK for Chapters 14-16 💻 
  5. Listen to Chapters 17 (11 min) and 18 (15 min) and finish the study guide *DUE Next Class Period! 🎧 
  6. Work on Feelings Chart *add text evidence DUE Next Class Period! 🎧  📝 
    • I can describe how a story's characters change as it moves toward its conclusion.
  7. Complete the Ch. 19 EdPuzzle (15 min) DUE next Class Period!
  8. Read 📕  💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.


Thursday, February 26th (A) and Friday, February 27th (B)-

DUE TODAY: Ch. 19 EdPuzzle and Feelings Chart


Discuss the May field trip
  1. Read/A.R. Test 📕 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Correct Ch. 16-18 study guide 🖍️ 
  3. Share and discuss the feelings chart and Ch. 19 in groups 💬 
  4. Choose Kindness Video and Activity
  5. Complete the EdPuzzles for Chapters 20-21 DUE next class period! WRITE IN COMPLETE SENTENCES AND USE CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION! 💻 
    • I can describe how a story's characters change as a story moves toward its conclusion.
  6. Complete the Second Chance paragraph in Google Classroom DUE next class period! 💻 
    • I can write arguments and use clear reasons and relevant evidence to support my claims. 
  7. GREEN progress sheet due next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment