Sunday, March 1, 2026

March 2nd-6th, 2026

8th grade English

Monday, March 2nd (A)-If animals could talk, which species do you think would be the rudest?

Poetry Contest LINK

TOP Word Count Winners for February: 

  • Teddy Ruley-242,166 
  • Ellie Mitzel-384,909
  • Grace Isder-205,079

  1. Turn in your GREEN progress sheet!
  2. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  3. Simple, Compound, Complex Review Game πŸ’» 
  4. Correct Complex Sentence Two Pager πŸ–️ LINKLINK 2 LINK 3
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
  5. Complete Types of Sentences QUIZ Simple Compound Complex EdPuzzle DUE TODAY!
    • I can analyze the various types of sentence structures and recognize their differences.
  6. Work on IXL Week 3-DUE on Wednesday.
  7. Sentence Review Test on Thursday!


WEDNESDAY, March 4th (C)-Would you rather have the ability to fly or be completely invisible?

  1. ACTION QUIZ: Should These Players Get a Raise? due today!
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  2. Finish IXL Week 3 Due at the end of the day!
  3. Poetry Contest LINK
  4. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.


Thursday, March 5th (A)-How do you show someone (a friend or family member) that you appreciate them?

  1. Blooket Review LINK
  2. Sentence Review Test πŸ“ 
    • I can analyze the various types of sentence structures and recognize their differences.
  3. Start our next class novel, A Long Walk to Water (ALWTW) πŸ“• *DO NOT TAKE THE BOOK WITH YOU!!!
  4. Be sure to complete the EdPuzzles in the order listed BELOW. 🎧  πŸ’» 
  5. EdPuzzle- A Long Walk to Water Introduction
    • Main Characters:
      • Nya is a young girl whose story is set in South Sudan in 2008 and is part of the Nuer tribe.
      • Salva Dut is a young boy whose story is set in South Sudan in 1985, and is a part of the Dinka tribe.
  6. Complete Chapters 1 and 2 EdPuzzles for A Long Walk to Water (ALWTW)
    • I can refer to the text and find specific examples that strongly support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
    • I can read and understand literary nonfiction at my grade level and above (with help where needed).
  7. Complete the EdPuzzle-Lost Boys of Sudan πŸ’» πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡©
  8. Read your choice book! πŸ“• 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  9. GREEN PROGRESS SHEET DUE on MONDAY!




6th grade English

Monday, March 2nd (A) and Tuesday, March 3rd (B)-If animals could talk, which species do you think would be the rudest?

BOOK Buddies TODAY! How to Catch a Leprechaun πŸ€  

DUE TODAY: Ch. 20 & 21 EdPuzzles and Second Chance Paragraph

TOP Word Count Winners for February: 

  • Ethan Schwartz-112,907 
  • Isaac Burggraff-538,895
  • Bryn Neisen-175,479
  1. TURN IN YOUR GREEN PROGRESS SHEET!
  2. SHARE SECOND CHANCE PARAGRAPH with your table group πŸ’¬
  3. Work on TSB Ch. 22-25 study guide ✏️
    • Listen to Ch. 22 & 23 as a class πŸ‘‚πŸ»
    • Listen/Read 24 & 25 on your own 🎧
    • Write Cole's Letter pencil πŸ“
    • Study guide is DUE on Thursday/Friday!
  4. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• πŸ’» 
      • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Wednesday, March 4th (C)-Would you rather have the ability to fly or be completely invisible?
Hour 8: Turn in GREEN progress sheets again! πŸ€ͺ
  1. Action Quiz: Disaster in the Sky grade 6- DUE TODAY! πŸ’»
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  2. Start IXL MCA practice: Key Ideas and Details 6.4.1.1 (1-8). Cite evidence from the text that supports what it expresses and draw inferences from the text. Due NEXT Wednesday! πŸ’» 
    1. Short Stories (1)
    2. Literary Passages (5)
    3. Theme (2)
  3. Be sure your Ch. 22-25 Study guide is done!! ✏️
  4. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.


Thursday, March 5th (A) & Friday, March 6th (B)-How do you show someone (a friend or family member) that you appreciate them?

  1. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Correct TSB Ch. 22-25 Study Guide πŸ–️
  3. GimKit review game LINK for Ch. 17-24 of TSB πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  4. Picture Book-Whale in the Sky πŸ‘‚ 
  5. Listen to Ch. 26-27 of Touching Spirit Bear and coloring activity (25 minutes) πŸ‘‚ πŸ–️ 
    • I can describe how a story's characters change as a story moves toward its conclusion.
  6. TURN IN THE COLORING ACTIVITY!
  7. Read/A.R. Test AND BE SURE your IXL assignment is done! book πŸ“• πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  8. TEST on Touching Spirit Bear will be next Monday/Tuesday!! We'll listen to Chapter 28 and review before the test, so be sure you're caught up with the assignments and chapters!!
  9. GREEN PROGRESS SHEET due on MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment