Sunday, October 5, 2025

October 6th-October 10th, 2025 -SOCKTOBER! 🧦

8th grade English

Monday, 10/6 (A)-
  1. Review game 💻
  2. Compound Sentence Test (put it in the turn-in basket when you're done) *You can use your preposition list on the test if you have it! 📝
    • I can combine two simple sentences into a compound sentence using a comma and a coordinating conjunction (FANBOYS: for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so) or a semi-colon.
  3. Work on Prepositional Phrase Book Project (DUE at the end of class) 🗒️ 💻
    • I can correctly use prepositions in my writing
  4. Google Classroom > Classwork > Short Story Units > EdPuzzle-Lifted: Pixar Mood and Tone - DUE Thursday
  5. Tales of the Strange and Mysterious Mood Board 💻 🧟‍♂️ DUE Thursday!
    • I can describe the mood or feeling a text creates in the reader. 
  6. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.


Wednesday, 10/8 (C)-
  1. Review Compound Sentence Test *Retake IS TOMORROW! SIGN UP TODAY!
    • Formulas (compound and simple), formula order, and helping verbs
  2. Mood Board due tomorrow! 💻
    • I can describe the mood or feeling a text creates in the reader. 
  3. Check Skyward-CATCH UP on Missing work!
  4. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚


Thursday, 10/9 (A)-
  1. Compound Sentence RETAKE 
  2. Action Quiz-Why is Being Scared So Much Fun? 💻
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  3. IXL: Commas with compound and complex sentences DUE TOMORROW at 3:10 p.m. 💻
  4. Mood Boards and EdPuzzle DUE TODAY!
  5. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.




6th grade English

Monday, 10/6 (A) and Tuesday, 10/7 (B)-

Book Buddies
  1. Return BLUE sheet - KEEP it IN YOUR BINDER!
  2. Correct 1B 🖍️
    • I can write a simple sentence with both a subject and a verb.
  3. Work time-MISSING WORK!
  4. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚 *complete the AR Reading Goal Planner


Wednesday, 10/8 (C)-
  1. Parent Day Information 👂🏻
  2. Action Quiz: The Snake That’s Eating Florida 💻
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  3. IXL: Use the correct subject or verb 💻 DUE on Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  4. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.g

Thursday, 10/9 (A)-
  1. Practice the Helping Verbs Song 🎶 *You MUST use your headphones!! 🎧
  2. Complete EdPuzzle: Finding the subject and verb in simple sentences DUE TODAY!!
  3. Complete 1C and 1D Practice on paper  DUE TODAY!! 
    • Use your notes and/or blue sheet to help you!
    • I can write a simple sentence with both a subject and a verb.
  4. Complete your IXL: Use the correct subject or verb 💻 DUE on Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  5. GimKit Practice Link *ONLY if ALL your work is done!
  6. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Friday, 10/10 (B)-
  1. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Practice the Helping Verbs Song 🎶  
  3. Simple Sentence Kahoot! 💻
  4. Complete 1C TOGETHER 
  5. Complete 1D Practice on paper  DUE TODAY!! 
    • Use your notes and/or blue sheet to help you!
    • I can write a simple sentence with both a subject and a verb.
  6. Complete EdPuzzle: Finding the subject and verb in simple sentences DUE TODAY!!
  7. Complete your IXL: Use the correct subject or verb 💻 DUE TODAY at 3:10 p.m.
  8. GimKit Practice Link *ONLY if ALL your work is done!
  9. Read/A.R. Test 💻 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest
  10. Simple Sentence TEST next Tuesday 



No comments:

Post a Comment