Sunday, October 12, 2025

October 13th-October 15th, 2025 *MEA Week

 8th grade English

Monday, October 13th (A)-

  1. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’» πŸ“š
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Preposition projects in the grade book
  3. Share Mood Boards in Groups
    • What is the mood and tone of the board?
    • Do you notice similarities amongst your group?
    • What surprises you?
  4. Tales of the Strange and Mysterious-"The Landlady" pgs. 171-179 in the class literature book πŸ“•
  5. Audio Link for "The Landlady" LINK and PDF LINK for story πŸ‘‚πŸ» πŸ“•
    • I can determine the theme or central idea of a short story and analyze how it is developed through the characters, plot, and setting.
    • I can describe the mood or feeling a text creates in the reader. 
  6. Complete the "house" sheet-DUE on Wednesday! πŸ“ (4-1 scale score)
      • I can describe the mood or feeling a text creates in the reader. 


Wednesday, October 15th (D)-
  1. TAKE AR QUIZ πŸ’»: 
    • The Landlady Quiz:400002 by Roald Dahl BL 7.8 Pts. 1 *mandatory
  2. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’» πŸ“š
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  3. Go over the "house" sheet (if you're not done, finish during reading time) DUE TODAY
    • I can determine the theme or central idea of a short story and analyze how it is developed through the characters, plot, and setting.
  4. (24 minutes) Watch "The Landlady" Tales of the Unexpected Episode LINK πŸ‘€

6th grade English

Monday, October 13th (A)- 
  1. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’» πŸ“š
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Practice the Helping Verbs Song πŸŽΆ  
  3. Simple Sentence Kahoot! πŸ’»
  4. Correct 1C and 1D
    • I can find the subject and verb in simple sentences, even when there is a compound subject or compound verb.
  5. Assign 1A
  6. Simple Sentence TEST on Wednesday
  7. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’» πŸ“š
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Tuesday, October 14th (B)-
  1. Correct 1D 
    • I can find the subject and verb in simple sentences, even when there is a compound subject or compound verb.
  2. 1A together! πŸ“ 
  3. Review Game  πŸ’»
  4. Helping Verbs Song πŸŽΆ  
  5. Simple Sentence TEST 
    1. Put the test in your hour's basket and return the file folder
  6. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’» πŸ“š
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
Wednesday, October 15th (D)-
  1. Go over 1A  practice
    • I can find the subject and verb in simple sentences, even when there is a compound subject or compound verb.
  2. Review Game  πŸ’»
  3. Helping Verbs Song πŸŽΆ  
  4. Simple Sentence TEST 
    • Put the test in your hour's basket and return the file folder
  5. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’» πŸ“š
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment