Sunday, September 28, 2025

September 29th-October 3rd, 2025

 8th Grade English

Monday, September 29th (A)-

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Journal: 6-7 minutes 😊
  3. Correct 1C and 1D 📝🖍️
    • I can combine two simple sentences into a compound sentence using a comma and a coordinating conjunction (FANBOYS: for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so) or a semi-colon.
  4. Schoolhouse Rock Prepositional Phrases LINK 👀🔗
  5. Compound Sentence and Prepositional Phrase BLOOKET💻
  6. Complete the Prepositions & Prepositional Phrases EdPuzzle (under SENTENCES in Google Classroom) DUE TODAY *YOU NEED headphones or earbuds 💻🎧
  7. Compound Sentence and Prepositional Phrase Assignment DUE on Thursday 📝
    • I can identify a prepositional phrase, which begins with a preposition and ends with a noun or pronoun called the object.
  8. Work on your reading goal (DUE on Wednesday at the end of class) and check Skyward 📚


Wednesday, October 1st (C)-
  1. Action Quiz: The Magical Story of Movies/New Ways to Watch - DUE TODAY! 💻
  2. IXL: Is it a complete sentence or a run-on? 💻 DUE on Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  3. REMEMBER: Compound Sentence and Prepositional Phrase Assignment DUE on Thursday
  4. Reading Goal DUE TODAY at the END of class📚💻
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Thursday, October 2nd (A)-
  1. Halloween Prepositional Phrases Kahoot 💻
  2. Correct: Compound Sentence and Prepositional Phrase Assignment 🖍️
  3. Complete the Prepositional Phrase Book Project DUE at the END of class next MONDAYDirections in Google Classroom 💻📝
    • I can use correct standard English grammar and conventions when writing and speaking.
    • I can identify a prepositional phrase, which begins with a preposition and ends with a noun or pronoun called the object.
  4. Go to Quizlet to review Compound Sentences- TEST NEXT MONDAY! 💻
  5. Read/A.R. Test 📚💻
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.



6th Grade English

Monday, 9/29 (A) and Tuesday, 9/30 (B)-
  1. Read/A.R. test *1/2 of goal DUE on WEDNESDAY at the END of class 📚💻
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Picture Book: What is a Verb? 👀 👂🏻
  3. Simple Sentence Notes Review 📝
  4. Sentence Activity-Verb Rap and Helping Verbs Song 🎶
  5. Start Simple Sentence practice together 👀 📝 👂🏻
    • I can write a simple sentence with both a subject and a verb.
  6. GimKit Practice 💻
  7. Complete the Simple Sentences EdPuzzle in Google Classroom > Classwork >Sentences-DUE Wednesday (less than 5 minutes long) 💻

Wednesday, 10/1 (C)-

DUE TODAY: Simple Sentences EdPuzzle
  1. Action Quiz: Chasing the Wind DUE at the END of Class 💻
  2. IXL: Identify main verbs and helping verbs-DUE on Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  3. Read/AR Test *1/2 of your A.R. points are due AT THE END OF CLASS TODAY! 📚 💻
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Thursday, 10/2 (A) and Friday, 10/3 (B)-

Book Buddies NEXT week!
  1. Read/AR Test 📚
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. SING! 🎶
  3. Helping Verbs Blooket Class Game *Use your notes 🗒️ to help you! 💻
  4. Finish practice sheet 📝
    • I can write a simple sentence with both a subject and a verb.
  5. Identify Helping Verbs EdPuzzle *DUE next Class period 💻
    • I can find the complete verb phrase in a sentence, which includes the main verb and any helping verbs.
  6. Complete 1B on your own (on paper) *DUE next Class period 📝
  7. Refresher of the Helping Verbs Song 🎶

No comments:

Post a Comment