Sunday, April 5, 2026

April 7th-April 10th, 2026

8th grade English

Tuesday, April 7th (A)-Turn in your progress report!

Question of the Day: If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want with you? *NO WIFI

  1. Thursday, April 3rd (A)-

    1. Brain Games-Video LINK (45 minutes) *Shawn can remember everything he hears and sees. Learn the brain games to memorize and remember 🎦  👀 
      • I can analyze the purpose presented in diverse media and formats.
    2. *Turn in Brain Games responses after the video
    3. Complete Stuck In Neutral EdPuzzles Ch. 7 and Ch. 8, and work on mind map 👂 
      •  I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
      • There WILL be a quiz on Ch. 1-8 on Thursday, so be sure you're caught up!
    4. Read/A.R. Test 📕 
      • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Thursday, April 9th (A)-

Question of the Day: Would you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

  1. GimKit Review LINK 💻 
  2. Ch. 1-8 Quiz on Stuck in Neutral 💻 
  3. Read and A.R. Test 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  4. Listen to Ch. 9 and 10 of Stuck In Neutral for Monday! *Keep updating your MIND MAP!  
  5. Complete EdPuzzles on Ch. 11-14 💻 (46 minutes)
    •  I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
  6. We'll finish the book on Monday, and your map will be due on MONDAY! 📝 
  7. MCA Testing next Wednesday! 


6th grade English

Tuesday, April 7th (A) and Wednesday, April 8th (B)-Turn in your progress report!

Question of the DayIf you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want with you? *NO WIFI

DUE TODAY: ALLITERATION MENU
  1. Read, A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Share Menus and review poetry terms 📝 
  3. Start Love That Dog 9/13-10/10 📕 👂 
  4. Write THREE So Much Poems ON PAPER *DONE? Circle your FAVORITE poem and have Mrs. Schreifels initial it BEFORE you start your final copy!📝 
  5. Create a final copy of ONE of your So Much Poems on colored paper-
    • DUE TODAY at the end of class-WRITE neatly. 
  6. Complete Personification Practice ON PAPER-DUE next Class Period 📝 
  7. Figurative Language QUIZ on Thursday/Friday-Click on this LINK for review
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration).

Thursday, April 9th (A) and Friday, April 10th (B)-

Question of the DayWould you rather live 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future?

MCA Testing next Wednesday!

DUE TODAY: Turn in Personification Sheet
  1. Field Trip Info
  2. Quick Quiz review LINK
  3. QUIZ on Figurative Language Terms!
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration)
  4. Read, A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  5. Read Love That Dog 10/17-10/24 ENTRY
  6. Discuss Rhyme Scheme AABB
  7. Work on the Tiger Poem *READ INSTRUCTIONS IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM **Watch Tiger Poem Instructions 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment