Sunday, March 29, 2026

March 30th-April 2nd, 2026 🐰 No school Friday & Monday 🐣

8th grade English

Monday, 3/30-Question of the day When you're having a terrible day, what is the one thing that helps you feel better?
DUE TODAY: Cerebral Palsy and Seattle Edpuzzles AND Turn in your GREEN Progress Sheet!
Last day to turn in ALWTW work is Wednesday, 4/1.
  1. Check out Stuck in Neutral πŸ“•  *Post-it: Your name, SCHREIFELS, your hour
  2. A Long Walk to Water final: scores are posted in Skyward *email Mrs. Schreifels to retake (by end of day Tuesday)
  3. Go to Classwork > IXL > and look at your diagnostic scores from the last three quarters
  4. Work on IXL Diagnostic for Quarter 4-DUE TODAY *This is MASTERY!
    • 30 minutes
    • I can practice questions specifically tailored to each required Minnesota state standard. 
  5. Read/A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  6. Stuck In Neutral-Mrs. Schreifels Ch. 1 πŸ‘‚ 
  7. Steve Hartman Video  Unable to communicate
  8. Complete Stuck In Neutral EdPuzzles for Ch. 2-3 *DUE for the next class period πŸ“– 
    • I can refer to the text and find specific examples that strongly support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
    • I can read and understand literary nonfiction at my grade level and above (with help where needed).

Wednesday, 4/1-Question of the DayWould you rather be able to control fire or water?

All ALWTW work is due by 3:10 p.m. TODAY!

DUE Today: IXL Diagnostic-I can practice questions specifically tailored to each required Minnesota state standard. 

  1. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“•  πŸ’» 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Blooket Ch. 1-2 LINK πŸ’» 
  3. READ Stuck In Neutral-Mrs. Schreifels Ch. 4
  4. Blooket Ch. 3-4 LINK πŸ’» 
  5. Watch Will Power video  LINK
    • I can analyze the purpose presented in diverse media and formats.
  6. Go over Mind Mapping *LINK
  7. Work on Stuck in Neutral Mind Map-DUE when we finish the book!
    •  I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
  8. READ Stuck In Neutral-on your own Ch. 5 and Ch. 6  *Ch. 5-6 due for the next class period
    • If you want audio, use the EdPuzzles in Google Classroom (AUDIO ONLY-not an assignment)
No school on Friday and Monday




6th grade English

Monday, 3/30, and Tuesday, 3/21-Question of the day When you're having a terrible day, what is the one thing that helps you feel better?

TURN IN Movie Guide Extra Credit - movie review and Turn in your GREEN Progress Sheet!

BOOK Buddies-PEEPS coloring LINK, done? Read a book together!

  1. Go to Classwork > IXL > and look at your diagnostic scores from the last three quarters
  2. Work on IXL Diagnostic for Quarter 4-DUE TODAY *This is MASTERY! 
    • 30 minutes
    • I can practice questions specifically tailored to each required Minnesota state standard.
  3. Go to the Poetry tab in Google Classroom
  4. Complete the Figurative Language Review EdPuzzle *be sure to watch the entire video!
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language.
    • DUE next class period
  5. Read/A.R. Test *write down DUE dates on your reading log!
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest. 


Wednesday, 4/1 & Thursday, 4/2-Question of the dayWould you rather be able to control fire or water?
  1. What do you already know about Figurative Language?? Gimkit LINK
  2. Complete the following in the ORDER listed below - ALL items are DUE TODAY!:
    1. Go to POETRY in Google Classroom 
    2. Click on Figurative Language Notes and write down the notes. *Read instructions in Google Classroom.
    3. Complete Figurative Language In Music GRADE 6 EdPuzzle-use your notes to help you!
      • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration)
    4. Complete Figurative Language Encanto Song EdPuzzle  
    5. Complete Alliteration Menu  *examples
  3. Read/A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
No school on Friday and Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment