Sunday, December 28, 2025

January 5th-January 9th, 2026 πŸŽ† Happy New Year! 🎊

8th grade English

Monday, January 5th (A)- HAPPY NEW YEAR! πŸ₯³

Grade reflection - DUE ON WEDNESDAY!

  1. Read/A.R. Test  πŸ“• πŸ’»
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Where I'm From Poem Share πŸ‘€ πŸ‘‚πŸ»
    • I can use literary devices and descriptive language to write a poem about myself that expresses my personal experiences and identity.
  3. Complete the activity in the Short Story Units tab in Google Classroom-read the instructions carefully! The story is "Mrs. Flowers" by Maya Angelou DUE on Wednesday πŸ’» 


Wednesday, January 7th (C)-

DUE: Grade Reflection

  1. Overdue Books πŸ“š
  2. Action Quiz: The High Price of Chocolate DUE TODAY! πŸ’» 🎧
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  3. IXL: Correct capitalization errors G8Q DUE on Friday at 3:10 p.m. πŸ’»
  4. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• πŸ’»
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  5. Finish "Mrs. Flowers" DUE TODAY at 3:10 p.m.

Thursday, January 8th (A)-

  1. Read/A.R. Test  πŸ“• πŸ’»
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Finish Where I'm From Poem Share πŸ‘€ πŸ‘‚πŸ»
  3. Figurative Language GimKit  πŸ’»
  4. Mrs. Flowers" DUE TODAY-GROUP review πŸ’¬ 
  5. Group Activity for "Broken Chain" by Gary Soto (p. 28-36 in literature book) *due today
    • If you finish early, go to THIS GimKit to review the story πŸ’¬  πŸ’»  πŸ“ πŸ“– 
  6. On Your Own activity for "Oranges" p. 37 **Finish in class next Monday πŸ–️ πŸ“
    • The Poem and Directions are in Google Classroom
  7. DONE? Read/A.R. Test and check SKYWARD! The quarter/semester ends on January16th!
    • Reading Points are due on January 15th!!  πŸ“•



6th grade English

Monday, January 5th (A) & Tuesday, January 6th (B)- HAPPY NEW YEAR! πŸ₯³

  1. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’»  πŸ“• 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Share Famous Dogs in History presentationsπŸ‘‚ πŸ‘€
    • I can introduce a topic and organize ideas with appropriate structure, including formatting and graphics when useful.

  3. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’»  πŸ“•  The quarter/semester ends NEXT WEEK! 


Wednesday, January 7th (C)-

  1. Overdue Books πŸ“š
  2. Action Quiz: The End of the Penny DUE TODAY
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  3. IXL: Use academic vocabulary in context: literary PQU DUE on Friday at 3:10 p.m.
  4. Read/A.R. Test πŸ’»  πŸ“•  The quarter/semester ends NEXT WEEK! 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.


Thursday, January 8th (A) & Friday, January 9th (B)-

  1. FINISH Famous Dogs in History presentations πŸ‘‚ πŸ‘€
  2. Complete the Tsunami EdPuzzle under SHORT STORY UNITS in Google Classroom πŸ“–  πŸ’» 
  3. Review pages 332-33 in the textbook. Write down the definitions on your sheet and make a guess based on how the word is used. πŸ“ 
  4. Go to:  p. 334-355 (in the textbook) OR p. 8-28 in PDF and read "Escaping the Giant Wave" by Peg Kehret and answer questions (on paper). PAPER assignment is due TODAY πŸ“ 
  5. The audio (36 minutes long) and PDF for the story are under SHORT STORY UNITS in Google Classroom if you want to listen to it and follow along in the book. 🎧 πŸ’» 
    • REQUIRED AR Quiz:
    Escaping the Giant Wave (HSP Edition)
    Author: Kehret
    Quiz: 906606  
    Fiction  BL 3.6 Pts 1
  6. DONE? 
    1. Read/A.R. Test 
    2. Check SKYWARD!
    3. Finish IXL

No comments:

Post a Comment