Sunday, November 9, 2025

November 10-13th, 2025 *NO School on 11/14

 8th grade English

Monday, November 10th (A)-

Deer Hunting Contest

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📚  🖥️
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Class Review: Characterization GimKit  🖥️ What do you already know? 😀 
  3. Complete Characterization notes in Google Classroom 🖥️  under Classwork > Short Story Units-DUE TODAY! ✏️ 📄 
  4. Complete Characterization in Animation EdPuzzle -DUE TODAY! 🖥️ 🎧 
    •  I can identify and describe a character's traits based on textual evidence, and explain how these traits contribute to the character's overall development or impact the story's events.
  5. Complete the Characterization Assignment *TURN it in ✏️  📄 
  6. Read/A.R. Test 📚  🖥️


Wednesday, November 12th (A)-

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📚 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. I will be checking your notes while you're reading.
  3. Correct Characterization sheet ✏️ 📄 
    •  I can identify and describe a character's traits based on textual evidence, and explain how these traits contribute to the character's overall development or impact the story's events.
  4. Complete Understanding Bradbury’s Characters-DUE on Monday! Under Short Story Units in Google Classroom
    • I can analyze characters in two Bradbury stories, noting how dialogue, thoughts, actions, and environment reveal personalities and motivations.
  5. Read/A.R. Test 📚 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.



6th grade English

Deer Hunting Contest

Monday, 11/10 and Tuesday, 11/11-

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📚 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Discuss Autobiographies and Biographies 
    • What do you know? Blooket Link 💻 
  3. Look at pgs. 110-111 *practice chronological order AND pgs 112-113 *practice vocabulary in context
  4. Listen OR Read the Biography-Wilma Unlimited pgs. 114-123 and complete the comprehension questions sheet 📝 👂 
    •  I can identify and describe a character's traits based on textual evidence, and explain how these traits contribute to the character's overall development or impact the story's events.
  5. Take the A.R. test onWilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman by Krull, Kathleen (BL: 5.1 and 0.5 NF points) AR Quiz No. 13757 💻 
  6. Turn in Wilma Unlimited Questions to your hour's basket 
  7. Watch the Fosbury Flop EdPuzzle under the Short Story Units tab in Google Classroom *before you complete the sheet 💻 🎧 
  8. Complete the Fosbury Flop Sheet (on paper) DUE TODAY! 📝  TURN IT IN!
  9. Read/A.R. Test 📚 💻 


Wednesday, 11/12 (A) and Thursday, 11/13 (B)-

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📚 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
    • Take the A.R. test onWilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman by Krull, Kathleen (BL: 5.1 and 0.5 NF points) AR Quiz No. 13757 💻 
  2. Fosbury Flop Olympic video- 1 minute 👀 👂 
  3. Wilma Rudolph Video- 3 minutes 👀 👂 
  4. Biography Quest under the Short Story Units tab in Google Classroom
    • Link to Story Assignment and AR Quiz numbers (go to page 2)
    •  I can identify and describe a character's traits based on textual evidence, and explain how these traits contribute to the character's overall development or impact the story's events.
  5. Once you've completed your story and research, take the A.R. Test
  6. Work on your Google Slideshow or Canva Poster



No comments:

Post a Comment