Saturday, April 5, 2025

April 7th-10th, 2025 *No School on 4/11, MCAs next week!

8th grade English

Monday, 4/7 (A)-
  1. GimKit Review LINK 💻 
  2. Ch. 1-8 Quiz on Stuck in Neutral 💻 
  3. Read and A.R. Test 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  4. Group Study Guide review of Ch. 1-8
  5. Listen to Ch. 9 and 10 of Stuck In Neutral for Monday! *Keep updating your study guide! 📕 👂 
  6. Complete EdPuzzles on Ch. 11-14 💻 
    •  I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
  7. We'll finish the book on Wednesday, and your study guide will be due on Wednesday! 📝 
Wednesday, 4/9 (A)-
  1. Go over R.A.F.T. project instructions 
  2. Finish Stuck in Neutral 📕  👂 
    •  I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
  3. Review Game Ch. 9-16 LINK 💻 
  4. Take AR quiz (ALL students) 💻 
  5. Finish and turn in your study guide-DUE TODAY! 📝 
  6. Work on R.A.F.T. project DUE on Tuesday, April 22nd! 😊 
    • I can use precise words and phrases, descriptive details, and sensory language to capture action and convey experiences or events. 
    • I can produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to the task, purpose, and audience.
  7. MCA Testing next week! You need earbuds or headphones WITH a cord and a choice book!

6th grade English

Tuesday, 4/8 (B)-

DUE TODAY: ALLITERATION MENU
  1. Read, A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Share Menus and go over Poetry packet terms 📝 
  3. Start Love That Dog 9/13-10/10 📕 👂 
  4. Write THREE So Much Poems ON PAPER *DONE? Circle your FAVORITE poem and have Mrs. Schreifels initial it BEFORE you start your final copy!📝 
  5. Create a final copy of ONE of your So Much Poems on colored paper-
    • DUE on Thursday at the end of class-WRITE neatly. 
    • This final copy will be the first poem in your 8th grade poetry binder.
  6. Complete Personification Practice ON PAPER-DUE ON Thursday 📝 
  7. Figurative Language QUIZ on Thursday-Click on this LINK for review
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration).

Thursday, 4/10 (B)-

MCA Testing next week! You need earbuds or headphones WITH a cord and a choice book!

DUE TODAY: So Much Poem FINAL copy and ROUGH DRAFT *be sure it's initialed by Mrs. S and Personification Sheet 
  1. Field Trip Info
  2. Correct Personification Sheet
  3. Quick Quiz review LINK
  4. QUIZ on Figurative Language Terms!
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration)
  5. Read, A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  6. Read Love That Dog 10/17-10/24 ENTRY
  7. Discuss Rhyme Scheme AABB
  8. Start Tiger Poem *READ INSTRUCTIONS IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM and watch VIDEO
  9. Turn in your So Much Poem on colored paper-DUE TODAY-WRITE neatly. This final copy will be the first poem in your 8th grade poetry binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment