Sunday, April 27, 2025

April 28th-May 2nd, 2025

8th grade English

Monday, April 28th (A)-

  1. Holocaust Unit Expectations: Appropriate Behavior and Comments-if you're unable to meet these expectations, you will be removed from the classroom and assigned an alternate curriculum.
  2. Check out Surviving the Angel of Death and fill out a post-it note: Your name, hour, SCHREIFELS
  3. Review Holocaust Terms 💬 
  4. Take QUIZ on terms 💻 
  5. Read/A.R. Test 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  6. Hours 1 & 2: Correct Scholastic Magazine timeline questions   Hour 4: Go over Propaganda pictures
  7. Mrs. S will read Prologue and Chapter 1: Surviving the Angel of Death 👂
  8. Read Chapters 2 and 3Surviving the Angel of Death for Wednesday! 📕 
    • I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
  9. Post-Its for chapters-give to Mrs. S at the end of the hour 📝 
  10. Be sure you're caught up with the chapters...you'll have a quiz on Wednesday!

Wednesday, May 1st (A)-
  1. Link to Google Slideshow of Book Pictures
  2. Blooket-Holocaust Review: LINK
  3. Read One by Kathryn Otoshi 
  4. Sir Nicholas Winton Quotes: 
    • "Don't be content in your life just to do no wrong, be prepared every day to try and do some good."
    • "If something's not impossible, there must be a way of doing it."
  5. Watch Sir Nicholas Winton Clip (15 minutes)
    • I can analyze the purpose presented in diverse media and formats.
  6. Go over Post-its from Monday
  7. Mrs. S will read Ch. 4  of Surviving the Angel of Death 
  8. On your own read or listen to Ch. 5 of Surviving the Angel of Death 
  9. Quiz on Chapters 1-5 of Surviving the Angel of Death *DUE at the end of class
    •  I can refer to the text and find specific examples that support my thoughts and inferences about a story.
  10. Read/A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  11. FastBridge Testing on FRIDAY!! Bring headphones or earbuds! 🎧 


Friday, May 2nd (C)-
  1. FastBridge Testing 💻  🎧 
  2. Read/A.R. Test 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  3. *Return books to Mrs. Schreifels ASAP. Book checkout will end on Friday, May 16th.


6th grade English

Tuesday, April 29th (B)- 

Last BOOK BUDDIES Meeting
Street Poem Due TODAY!
  1. Read/A.R. Test 📕 
  2. Read Love That Dog February 21-April 24 *What do you know about Jack?
  3. Share Concrete Poem directions Extra Credit LINK DUE next TUESDAY *see Mrs. S for paper
  4. Start Love That poem DUE on Thursday! 📑 
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration)

Thursday, April 30th (B)-

Love That poem is due today!
  1. Blooket Metaphor Practice LINK
  2. Finish reading Love That Dog 📕 
  3. Showcase Poem Instructions 💻 
  4. Take the A.R. test on Love That Dog-Author: Creech BL 4.5 Pts. 1 📕 
  5. Work on the SHOWCASE Poem-DUE next TUESDAY at 11:59 p.m.
    • I can demonstrate an understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and word meanings.
  6. Work on Extra Credit Concrete Poem-DUE next TUESDAY!
  7. DONE? Be sure ALL poems are complete. 
    • DID YOU HAVE A POEM RETURNED TO YOU? IF SO, READ Mrs. Schreifels' comments!!!!
  8. Read/A.R. Test 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Friday, May 2nd (C)-

Discuss field trip expectations and share groups
  1. FastBridge Testing 💻  🎧 COMPLETE aReading and AutoReading
  2. Work on poems!!
  3. Read/A.R. Test 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  4. *Return books to Mrs. Schreifels ASAP. Book checkout will end on Friday, May 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment