Saturday, April 19, 2025

April 22nd-25th, 2025

 8th grade English


Tuesday, 4/22 (A)-
  1. Share R.A.F.T. projects for extra credit-Projects are due today!
  2. Holocaust Unit Expectations: Appropriate Behavior and Comments-if you're unable to meet these expectations, you will be removed from the classroom and assigned an alternate curriculum.
    1. I will behave in a respectful, mature, and focused way during all lessons and activities.
    2. I will speak respectfully and thoughtfully in class discussions and group work.
    3. I will avoid inappropriate language, off-topic remarks, or anything that could hurt or offend others.
    4. I will not laugh at, joke about, or make light of the tragedies we study.
    5. I will consider the impact of my words before I speak.
  3. Watch the Holocaust Overview EdPuzzle and complete the terms sheet-DUE TODAY 📝 
  4. Review your definition of Propaganda.
    1. Go to this link: Propaganda
    2. Number your notecard from 1-5 (each picture has a number)
    3. Look at each picture and explain what you think the German government was doing by sharing these pictures/information with the country.
    4. Write your name on your card: this is your ticket to leave today! 🎫 
  5. Read/A.R. Test 12.5 points DUE TODAY! 📖 
    •  I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
Thursday, 4/24 (A)-
  1. Review Holocaust Terms with a partner *QUIZ on terms next MONDAY! 💬 
  2. Go over Propaganda *share notecards 💬 
  3. Holocaust the events and their impact on real people Video and Questions  🎥 
    • I can analyze the purpose presented in diverse media and formats.
  4. Discuss the video in your group-what shocked you? Turn in Questions 💬 
  5. Holocaust Magazine-Complete Questions and take time to review the magazine *DO NOT write in the magazines 📝 Questions DUE TODAY! Turn into the basket
  6. Read/A.R. Test 📚 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  7. ALL Stuck in Neutral assignments are due tomorrow, 4/25 by 3:10 p.m. After that, your score will remain a zero.

6th grade English

Wednesday, April 23rd

DUE TODAY: Tiger Poem
  1. Read 10/31-12/13 in Love That Dog and review past poems and book events 📕 
  2. Look over the small poem assignment in Google Classroom
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration)
  3. Go to Poetry Tab in Google Classroom 💻 
    1. Go to Small Poem-READ ALL of the instructions in Google Classroom and watch the VIDEO
    2. Start your small poem. It MUST be about an animal! DUE ON FRIDAY!
  4. Done with everything? Read and A.R. test 7.5 points are DUE TODAY! 📕 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Friday, April 25th

DUE TODAY: Small Poem
  1. Make a card for your Book Buddy
  2. Complete Nothing Gold Can Stay poetry analysis -15 minutes *DUE TODAY 📝 
  3. Read/A.R. Test
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  4. Read Love That Dog-January 10th-January 24th
  5. Share The Book With No Pictures 📖 
  6. Start "Street" Poem - Read Love That Dog January 31-February 15 👂 
    • Sight, Sound, Touch, Smell, Taste (write on back of half sheet)*LOOK OVER DIRECTIONS IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM DUE ON Tuesday! 📝 
    • I can use context clues to discover the meaning of figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, idioms, hyperboles, onomatopoeia, and alliteration)

No comments:

Post a Comment