Monday, February 24, 2025

February 25th-28th, 2025 *No School on 2/24

8th grade English

Tuesday, February 25th (A)-

💡 REMEMBER: ALL Poems are DUE TODAY at 3:10 p.m. *After that, you will NOT earn credit for your poems.

Turn in: Complex Sentences 1B and 1C 
  1. Jeopardy Game-LINK *play in groups of 3 or 4 💻 
  2. Complete the sentence packet Assignment DUE on Thursday! *For coloring you need red, yellow, purple, green, blue, and orange (markers, crayons, or colored pencils).  📝  🖍️ 
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
  3. FINISH your Poems and Poetry Binder TODAY!!!
  4. Complete IXL Week 3 DUE TOMORROW-Wednesday at 3:10 p.m.
  5. Read *no AR Testing today 📕
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Thursday, February 27th (A)-

  • Bring home binders!
  • TURN IN YOUR SENTENCE PACKET AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS!

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📕 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Picture Book-The Cool Bean
  3. Simple, Compound, Complex Review Game 💻 
  4. Correct Complex Sentence Packet and Correct 1B and 1C 🖍️ 
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
  5. Complete Types of Sentences QUIZ Simple Compound Complex EdPuzzle DUE TODAY!
    • I can analyze the various types of sentence structures and recognize their differences.
  6. Work on IXL MCA practice: Key Ideas and Details 8.4.1.1 (1-8) Cite evidence from the text that supports what the text expresses and create inferences from the text.  💻 DUE next Thursday at 3:10 p.m.
    • Short Stories (1)
    • Literary Passages (5)
    • Theme (2)
  7. Sentence Review Test NEXT MONDAY!



6th grade English

Wednesday, February 26th (B)-
  1. Read/A.R. Test 📕  💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Listen to Ch. 16 of TSB and start the study guide 👂 
  3. Quizlet Review LINK for Chapters 14-16 💻 
  4. Listen to Chapters 17 (11 min) and 18 (15 min) and finish the study guide *DUE TODAY! 🎧 
  5. Work on Feelings Chart *add text evidence DUE on FRIDAY! 📝 
    • I can describe how a story's characters change as it moves toward its conclusion.
  6. Complete the Ch. 19 EdPuzzle (15 minutes) DUE on FRIDAY!

Friday, February 28th (B)-

DUE TODAY: Ch. 19 EdPuzzle and Feelings Chart

  1. Read/A.R. Test 📕 💻 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  2. Correct Ch. 16-18 study guide 🖍️ 
  3. Share and discuss the feelings chart and Ch. 19 in groups 💬 
  4. Quizlet Live LINK for TSB Ch. 17-19
  5. Complete the EdPuzzles for Chapters 20-21 DUE next Tuesday! WRITE IN COMPLETE SENTENCES AND USE CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION! 💻 
    • I can describe how a story's characters change as a story moves toward its conclusion.
  6. Complete the Second Chance paragraph in Google Classroom DUE next Tuesday! 💻 
    • I can write arguments and use clear reasons and relevant evidence to support my claims. 
  7. Start IXL MCA practice: Key Ideas and Details 6.4.1.1 (1-8) Cite evidence from the text that supports what the text expresses and create inferences from the text. Due NEXT FRIDAY! 💻 
    1. Short Stories (1)
    2. Literary Passages (5)
    3. Theme (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment