Monday, February 17, 2025

February 18th-February 21st, 2025

8th grade English

Tuesday, February 18th (A)-

Poetry Rubric LINK

  1. Your binder needs to be IN ORDER and the table of contents should be the first page. You must have a front cover with your first and last name. It should be neatly decorated and quality work should be evident! ๐Ÿ–️ 
    • I can use guidance from my peers and adults to plan, revise, and edit my writing.

  2. Put poetry binders in turn-in BOX for grading- ๐Ÿ“ฆ *Put the rubric in your binder!
    • I can produce clear, coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate for eighth-grade tasks, purposes, and audiences. 
  3. In your notebook/binder, write down the complex sentence notes under the Sentences tab in Google Classroom ๐Ÿ“ 
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
  4. Complete the Complex Sentences EdPuzzle under the Sentences tab in Google Classroom-DUE on Thursday ๐Ÿ’ป 
  5. Complete the Complex Sentence Blooket Practice under the Sentences tab in Google Classroom ๐Ÿ’ป 
  6. IXL Week 2-due tomorrow (Wednesday) at 3:10 pm ๐Ÿ’ป 
  7. Read and A.R. quiz ๐Ÿ“• ๐Ÿ’ป  *I can choose and read texts of personal interest.

Thursday, February 20th (A)-

DUE TODAY: Complex Sentence Notes and EdPuzzle 

ALL Poems are DUE by next Tuesday at 3:10 p.m. After that, you will not earn credit for your poems. Binder grades are posted in Skyward-

Conferences are tonight! *Poetry binders will be brought to your RH teachers to give to your families.

  1. Read/A.R. Test ๐Ÿ“• *I can choose and read texts of personal interest
  2. Simple/Compound Sentence Review LINK
  3. Complex Notes Review LINK *USE THEM and add formulas to your notes: ID and D, I ๐Ÿ“ 
  4. Complex 1A LINK ๐Ÿ’ฌ 
    • I can analyze the sentence structure and recognize complex sentences.
  5. Work on Complex Sentences 1B and 1C DUE NEXT CLASS PERIOD ๐Ÿ“ 
  6. Complete IXL Week 3 DUE next Wednesday! ๐Ÿ’ป 


6th Grade English

Wednesday, February 19th (B)-

Correct TSB Part One Test ๐Ÿ–️         *SIGN UP for Retake ๐Ÿ“ 

  1. Complete the Spirit Bear Extra Credit Facts QUIZ (optional) *This is under the SURVIVAL tab in Google Classroom-DUE AT THE END OF CLASS TODAY! ๐Ÿ’ป 
    • I can refer to the text to support my thoughts and draw inferences about a piece of informational text. 
  2. Start Part Two of TSB *Go to the SURVIVAL tab in Google Classroom and complete the EdPuzzles for TSB Chapters 14 & 15  ๐ŸŽง  ๐Ÿ’ป 
    • YOU MUST HAVE HEADPHONES OR EARBUDS TO COMPLETE THE EdPUZZLE.
    • I can refer to the text to support my thoughts and draw inferences about a story. 
  3. Read/A.R. testing ๐Ÿ“•  ๐Ÿ’ป  *I can choose and read texts of personal interest

Friday, 2/21 (B)-

TSB Retake for those who signed up.

DUE TODAY: TSB Ch. 14 and 15 EdPuzzles

  1. Read/A.R. Test ๐Ÿ“• ๐Ÿ’ป   *I can choose and read texts of personal interest 
  2. Class Review Ch. 14-15  ๐Ÿ’ป LINK
  3. Watch The Secrets Of Great Bear Rainforest - Nature/Wildlife Documentary LINK ๐ŸŽฅ  ๐Ÿ“ 
    • I can better understand a topic by considering how it has been presented in different media or formats.
  4. Turn in documentary questions at the end of class! ๐Ÿ“„ ๐Ÿงบ 

No comments:

Post a Comment