Monday, January 19, 2026

Semester 2 Starts! January 20-January 23, 2026

8th grade English

Tuesday, January 21st (A)-

DUE TODAY: Lemon Brown Narrative 

  1. New passes, new reading logs *write down DUE DATES!  
    • LINK to Quarterly Progress 
    • LINK to update Reading Log
  2. Audiobooks in Google Classroom πŸ“šπŸŽ§ πŸ’» 
  3. Read The Medicine Bag
    • Review page 119 in the red literature book
    • Go to page 120 and listen to The Medicine Bag or read it on your own
    • Go to Google Classroom under Story Units πŸ’» 
    • Complete the comprehension practice quiz in Google Classroom -DUE TODAY! 
  4. There will be a THEME QUIZ on Mrs. Flowers, Broken Chain, The Treasure of Lemon Brown, and The Medicine Bag on Thursday!
    • I can determine the theme of a text and analyze how it develops through the characters, setting, and plot.
  5. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
 

Thursday, January 23rd (A)-
  1. Spelling Bee Pretest
  2. Theme Quiz on Mrs. Flowers, Broken Chain, The Treasure of Lemon Brown, and The Medicine Bag πŸ’» 
    • OPEN BOOK πŸ“• 
    • I can determine the theme of a text and analyze how it develops through the characters, setting, and plot.
  3. Poetry Unit *Go to the POETRY tab in Google Classroom *ALL are DUE on Monday!
    1. Write down figurative language notes  πŸ’»  πŸ“ 
    2. Complete the EdPuzzle on Figurative Language for Grade 8 πŸ’» 
  4. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• 
    • I can choose and read texts of personal interest.
  5. Quarterly Progress is DUE on MONDAY and MUST be signed!



6th grade English

Tuesday, January 20th (A) and Wednesday, January 21st (B)-
  1. New passes, new reading logs *write down DUE DATES! 
    • LINK to Quarterly Progress 
    • LINK to update Reading Log
  2. Audiobooks in Google Classroom πŸ“š 🎧 πŸ’» 
  3. Spelling Bee Pre-test
  4. Survival Activity πŸ“  πŸ§©
  5. Read "The Miracle of the Miners" in Google Classroom under Survival Unit πŸ’» and turn it into the basket when finished πŸ“  DUE TODAY!
    • I can understand a nonfiction text by finding the main idea, key details, and evidence.
  6. Watch Miners Video Clip (9 minutes)-in Google Classroom with the article *optional 
  7. Read/A.R. Test πŸ“• 
    • I can choose and read texts that interest me.
 


Thursday, January 22nd (A) and Friday, January 23rd (B)-
  1. Read/A.R. test  πŸ“• 
    • I can choose and read texts that interest me.
  2. HOUR 3: Spelling Bee Pre-test
  3. Discuss/Review "The Miracle of the Miners" πŸ“  πŸ–️ 
  4. Go to the SURVIVAL CLASSWORK tab in Google Classroom AND Complete EdPuzzles (DUE TODAY)
    • Capturing the Spirit Bear | Nat Geo Live EdPuzzle
    • How to Survive a Bear Attack EdPuzzle
  5. Complete the TSB Webquest DUE next Monday/Tuesday
    • Go to the SURVIVAL CLASSWORK tab in Google Classroom and complete using KAMI
    • I can use specific details from different online texts to support my answers to a question
  6. Quarterly Progress is DUE on MONDAY/TUESDAY and MUST be signed!

No comments:

Post a Comment