Sunday, January 30, 2022

January 31st-February 4th, 2022

6th grade English

I Love To Read Month Contest starts on Wednesday! LINK

Monday, 1/31 (A) and Tuesday, 2/1 (B)-BOOK Buddies for HOUR 2

  1. Read/A.R. test
  2. I CAN statements...
  3. Group Activity: Complete the Ch. 13-15 side of the study guide and discuss the chapters up to this point using the cards. 
  4. Listen to 16 work on the study guide 
  5. Quizlet Review LINK for Chapters 14-16
  6. Listen/Read Chapters 17 and 18 and finish the study guide *be sure to add screenshots in Google Classroom AND turn in the paper copy to the turn-in tray!

Wednesday, 2/2-

  1. Action-"The Evil Swirling Darkness"
  2. IXL-Q.1 Put the sentences in order (5TH GRADE)
  3. Go to the Vocabulary tab in Google ClassroomLINK to 6th Grade Reading Vocabulary UPDATED Quizlet *I will see your practice in Quizlet. Be sure to review all the flashcards BEFORE you play a game!
  4. Read/A.R. test-I Love To Read Month Contest starts TODAY!

Thursday, 2/3 (A) and Friday, 2/4 (B)-

  1. Sign up for TSB Retake Test-the test will be taken IN YOUR ROYAL HOUR ON Monday, 2/7
  2. Read/A.R. test
  3. Review Game: LINK 6th Grade Reading Vocabulary UPDATED Quizlet
  4. Watch Spirit Bear LINK
  5. Correct Ch. 13-15 and 16-18 study guide
  6. Listen to Ch. 19 work on the study guide
  7. Read/Listen to Chapters 20-21 (no EdPuzzles), complete study guide questions, and second chances paragraph

8th grade English

I Love To Read Month Contest starts on Wednesday! LINK

Monday, 1/31 (A) and Tuesday, 2/1 (B)-Bring a binder!

  1. Read/A.R. test
  2. I CAN statements...
  3. In groups: 
    • Share Medicine Bag Google Slideshows
    • Correct Poetry Assignment-Figurative Language Worksheet 3
    • Create a poster *see Google Stream for your poster topic 
      • Posters should include a title, definition, and a minimum of five examples. Color and pictures should be added to support your examples.
  4. Complete Figurative Language In Music GRADE 8 EdPuzzle in Google Classroom
  5. Start Diamante and Pyramid Poem-complete rough drafts on notebook paper! YOU WILL NEED TO USE A THESAURUS FOR ASTOUNDING ADJECTIVES!
  6. Complete Final Copy of Diamante and Pyramid Poem in Google Classroom Document *complete on TWO SEPARATE PAGES!

Wednesday, 2/2-Quiz on Figurative Language Terms ON Thursday/Friday

  1. Action-"Cashing In"
  2. IXL-E.6 Classify figures of speech *ADD THREE NEW TERMS TO YOUR FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES!
  3. Go to the Vocabulary tab in Google ClassroomLINK 8th grade Reading MCA terms UPDATED Quizlet *I will see your practice in Quizlet. Be sure to review all the flashcards BEFORE you play a game!
  4. Read/A.R. test-I Love To Read Month Contest starts TODAY!

Thursday, 2/3 (A) and Friday, 2/4 (B)-

  1. Figurative Language Quick Review GimKit
  2. Quiz on Figurative Language Terms in Google Classroom
  3. Figurative Language Extra Credit-10 points
  4. Finish and Turn in Diamante and Pyramid Poems *read instructions carefully!
  5. Read/A.R. test
  6. Review game LINK 8th grade Reading MCA terms UPDATED Quizlet
  7. Diamante and Pyramind Poem due at the end of class today!
  8. Start I Have a Dream  poem-due NEXT class period

No comments:

Post a Comment